Friday, January 29, 2016

getting my artJOURNAL on

 "Keep busy doing the things you love and destiny will find you"
 Howdy Bloggers , another art journal update.
Do you struggle finding appropriate words to incorporate on to your art journal pieces?
I'm not a big lover of cliches,or single word titles(not that i haven't used them before) but finding something that is interesting and works with my pieces is sometimes difficult.
For these two pieces I've grabbed my phone and googled 'life & love' quotes for the above piece and 'heart' for this piece below.Up pops a a plethora of known and obscure quotes and one finds the best quote that work for ones piece.
" Let my soul smile through my heart ,
 and my heart smile through my eyes,
that I may scatter rich smiles to sad hearts "
----------------------------------------------
For this piece I tried to make it a little random.
So I love listening to music when i get arty,it helps my work flow
 and I find it inspiring to the whole creative process.
This week here in Oz ,it was Australia Day and 
the annual Triple J Hottest 100 is always a part of our celebration.
As I'm listening to the radio,I wanted to create a piece that incorporated words into my background. so I shazzam'd the Courtney Barnett song on the radio, Pedestrian At Best and used the words within the song to facilitate the background and the direction of the piece.
From that ,this Silhouette piece was born.
I would love to know how you add journaling to your art?

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm, good question! I tend to tell the story but song lyrics can be awesome - as yours are. Fab work yet again!

    ReplyDelete

thanks ever so much for taking the time to share some love thru your words ..xx witchy